Friday, September 27, 2013

sunny mornings

Today was a PD day (or a PA day, or whatever you call it when you get a day off from school,) so Brooke and Tiana and I congregated at Brooke's house. It's the first time we've had a chance to hang out since school started...and it was so good.



pictures taken with my phone. s'cool, guys.
 We drank tea on the front porch this morning, and the world was bathed in sunlight....we didn't really do much, just sat and talked and caught up. After a while we went for a walk, through the park and down across the stream (I slipped in the mud and it was scary, but I survived.) This big sloping green hill is the same place we had our picnic in the spring...leaves were falling all around, like snowflakes, and it was so surreal. We stood under a canopy of sun-soaked leaves, watching the shadows playing across the ground and listening to the birds sing as not-quite-brown leaflets swirled through the air all around us.
 
It's been so long since I did anything with these girls, and I hadn't realized how much I missed them until today. It's really important, just being with people who understand you. I think being at school, meeting all these new people all the time...I think you almost forget what it feels like, just saying something (or not even needing to use words sometimes) and knowing that you'll be understood.
 
I don't know. Just saying "it was good," seems like such an understatement, but that's what it felt like. Something I didn't realize I was missing until I had it back.
 
And it's good. ☺
 
lately I've been...
...doing homework (over three hours of it after I got home from Brooke's this afternoon)
...um, school. It's kind of my life. Sad, right? Also work. And sleep. And...uh...food and church and senseless daydreams that I really could live without. that's really about it. Sorry I'm so boring.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, I just wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. You can see all the details here: http://mogirl97.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments from you make my day! ♥ True story.