Friday, September 13, 2013

a mostly school-related update

I thought when school started I would just be the most inspired person ever and I would have tons of stuff to write about. But instead, I go to school (and love it) and come home and laze around and go to bed early, and it's honestly pretty boring. Not to live, but to write about. Which is why I haven't posted in a while.

So, hm. What to do? (what to say? shall you carry our treasure away?) sorry. just me singing les Mis. in my head. I do that a lot. Someone in school said I should join choir because I was always singing, and I was like, what? I sing in school? How strange. But I do catch myself humming a lot. It's just...I'm so happy.

this isn't even my picture, it's one that Hannah took. isn't she an awesome photographer? we should have
photo shoots more often.

So what have I been up to lately, beside school? Watching the HP movies with my sibs, which is obviously tons of fun and very happy-making. Alsooo...I got a phone...which was cool, you know. (my failed attempt at being nonchalant) I've barely touched my camera and haven't done much reading lately, which is sad, but my English teacher (Mr. G) starts every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with a writing prompt, so I've been doing lots of that! English is such an awesome class. On Thursday Mr. G brought us Jolly Ranchers (cannnnnnnndy) and we had to describe them. Which was basically the coolest thing ever, because I got to eat candy and write at the same time.

I started writing a Robin Hood fanfiction for a friend's birthday, which was probably the most fun I've ever spent on a birthday present. I really have to finish that (sorry, Kenz!! ☺) and lately I've also been pondering poetry...I'd like to see if I can jot down a few pieces. It's been a really long time since I had that poetry "spark," and I'd love to get back into it.

So that's that! Does anybody else feel like school kind of sucks their life away when it starts in September? Or is it just me?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I originally wanted an iPhone, but they were waaaay outside of my price range so I went with a Samsung Galaxy S III and I'm really happy with it. :)

      Delete

Comments from you make my day! ♥ True story.