Tuesday, May 21, 2013

with the coming of summer...

The first few almost-summer weeks are the most magical. After that it's mostly sweat and humidity. (okay, I'm partially kidding. Although the heat does make me cranky.)





 
 
But soccer's started and my camera is starting to feel comfortable in my hand and it's just so pretty outside that I don't quite have the heart to complain about it.
Yet.
 
In the true spirit of this summer-like weather, I've started in on some of my summer goals! (you can take a peek at my updated list here.) Every time I look at that reading list it gets scarier. I mean, les Mis. is scary enough on its own...but when coupled with Shakespeare and Austen and even a big honking biography...I dunno. We'll see how it goes. I'm excited to read L.M. Montgomery's Story Girl. I've seen quite a few Road to Avonlea episodes, so it'll be neat to read the original.
 
I've also begun NLS classes, which are fun. We have a good time pretending to be lifeguards - our practice time is during a free swim, so we're strapping our "spinal victims" to the spinal board amid toddlers with splash toys...blowing whistles and "clearing the pool" while dodging noodles and trying not to trip over the real lifeguards on duty. Good times. The real guards - my future coworkers? - probably hate us for getting in their way. Whoopsie.
 
Does it feel like summer where you are?

4 comments:

  1. Aw those photos are so lovely and summer-y. I agree with you, I don't like too much heat - but the beginning of summer is always so nice (I'm talking about my American summer experiences, because we don't really have summers in Ireland!).

    Are you finished with school for the summer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! The beginning of summer (end of spring) is one of my favourite times of year, and I just love all the green after winter's bare branches. Unfortunately I'm not quite done with school yet...I'll probably finish sometime next month. :)

      Delete
  2. I love your first photo. Actually I like them all but #1 is my favorite.

    Hmmm, summer? Well, it was gray and cloudy yesterday and rained throughout the day. Today was sunny but my parents (who drove to another city and back) said it snowed the whole way. The weather doesn't feel like summer but with school finishing up and the certain things to look forward to in June, I am feeling rather excited.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I know what you mean about the up-and-down weather - today at soccer it was almost at freezing temperature (about 4 degrees Celsius and raining) and all of the girls' fingers got so numb we had a hard time getting our sweaters on after...

      Delete

Comments from you make my day! ♥ True story.