Sunday, March 3, 2013

a ramble.

 
 
Don't write because you want to be good, write because you
believe you have a story worth telling.
 
 
I'm constantly trying to remind myself of the truth of this statement - both in my writing (that book I started work on after I submitted Two Roads? Yeah, not going so well right now.) and blogging, and just regular spoken communication with others. I have a tendency to speak to fill silence, because it makes me uncomfortable. Gaps in a conversation? In blog posts? OHMYWORD IF I DON'T SAY SOMETHING WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE.
 
So, I've been trying to stay quiet at times. And trust that silence is golden, and actions really do speak louder than words. But I've been feeling the absence of posts, and I'm not really sure why that is. It rather feels like my blogging inspiration decided to hibernate over the winter (along with my desire to pick up a camera, which is something I haven't really done since October.) I suppose I could make an effort, grab my camera and go for a walk or something - but as much as I adore winter, it all starts to look this same around this time of year. So I guess I could blame my inactivity on the weather. Or on my life, or the season, or something.
 
Or I could just admit that I haven't had much to say, so I've been keeping quiet. Because I started Epiphanies because I had something to say (several somethings, actually) and I don't want this blog to be filled with meaningless posts just because I couldn't stand the silence.
 

 
 lately, I've...
...been reading North and South
...begun looking for a job and submitted my resume to several places
...been listening to these girls
...watched and pondered the Hunger Games
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from you make my day! ♥ True story.