Friday, December 15, 2017

things that make me happy // 646-660

 
 
646. watching the snow fall outside my living room window
647. Christmas trees in the student center at school
648. getting home after writing an exam and realizing that I don't have to pick up my study notes anymore
649. Christmas music!
650. singing carols at youth group in duets with my sister
651. long chats with mum when no one else is home
652. one blissfully long weekend when I baked and stretched and watched the ground grow white outside
653. Christmas lights!
654. fitness blender's workouts. probably someday I'll do a whole post on how amazing they are and how much I love what they do, but for now I'll just say I do three 30 minute workouts a week (which is NOT that much) and I am seeing real changes after only a few months.
655. the glittering lights in the mall (Christmas decorations!!)
656. sending "hello" videos to friends in other countries
657. when my sister makes breakfast. or smoothies. or BOTH.
658. new year plans and looking ahead to when I'll have more time to WRITE
659. long walks in the snow
660. Dancing Through the Snow by Jean Little, aka my most favourite Christmas book ever

In the midst of finals, or exam season, or whatever you call it wherever you live, I hope you find the time to remember the things that make you happy ... even if it's just five minutes taking deep breaths and reflecting on what makes your heart joyful! It's almost Christmas ... and you CAN do this. 

xx,
Olivia

 
p.s. Photo by Todd Diemer on Unsplash

8 comments:

  1. 648 and 649 no more classes and Christmas music. The fact that the term is done is great! I'll have to look more into fitness blender!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check them out! They are the BEST way of working out I have ever attempted! :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I'll have to try those workouts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will not regret it! I'm totally hooked and loving how it feels to get stronger and stronger :)

      Delete
  3. Love this! Fitness Blender is literally the best. I run a lot but sometimes I'll do one of their workouts to mix things up and they are AWESOME! Love their genuity and approach to fitness and life. :) I hope you have a wonderful winter! Can't believe it's almost Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's their authenticity and fun personalities that really drew me to them ... and then when I started feeling their workouts, I was hooked! I hope you have a lovely holiday season too ... it's the most wonderful time of the year! I can't wait for Christmas! :)

      Delete
  4. Nothing beats long walks in the snow (which we still don't have anymore of).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that all of your snow is gone! :( it's a milder day here but I think we'll still get a white Christmas this year :)

      Delete

Comments from you make my day! ♥ True story.