Tuesday, June 17, 2014

on my list

This summer is looking pretty busy, so I'm only setting a loose reading list for myself...


 


Rereading...

the Graceling trilogy (Kristen Cashore)
I loved the intense writing style and gorgeous fantasy world...and although I'm not a romance fan, I'll be honest and say that in this trilogy, I loved the couples, too.

Second Chance Summer (Morgan Matson)
This is one of the only books to ever make me cry. It's a beautiful summer story about a girl who is trying to figure out who she is and where she belongs, and her family (esp. her dad) plays a huge role in her life. The father/daughter parts of this book made it a favourite.





New books!!

anything Maeve Binchy
Her lazy stories about people just capture my heart. She weaves hundreds of subplots and people, people, people into every book...small-town Ireland takes centre stage and by the time I'd reached the last page, I never wanted to leave. Some favourites that I've read already are Nights of Rain and Stars, Heart and Soul, and Evening Class.

The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency (Alexander McCall Smith)
I've read the first three books already, walked the dusty streets of Botswana and felt the sweat trickle down my neck in Precious Ramotswe's white van. These stories are light-hearted and funny, and I'm hoping to tackle most of the series this summer.

The Wily O'Reilly (Patrick Taylor)
I'm only a few pages into this one (sort of an Irish doctor's version of the James Herriot stories) but I think I'm going to like it a lot. If it tickles my fancy maybe I'll check out the accompanying series!


Does your summer look busy, too? What are you planning on reading in your spare time?


xx
Olivia

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! Looks like a great list of books. Maybe at the end of the summer you can tell us what you thought of them??

    ReplyDelete

Comments from you make my day! ♥ True story.