Friday, May 3, 2013

yesterday



Yesterday was deceiving. I was fooled into thinking that summer had arrived as I scrawled out algebraic equations before dinner, trying to solve quadratic functions...or whatever they were. I'd done several school subjects in the backyard on a blanket, soaking up the sun (and the warmth! I'd almost forgotten what it was to be hot.) until Mom said I'd either have to head inside or put sunscreen on, to prevent a burn.

So I packed up and moved inside (I needed to use the computer anyway.) But after dinner, when it wasn't so bright, I moved the blanket right against the side of the house, to catch the last rays of sunlight filtering through the trees...and I wrote.

And got re-acquainted with my camera! Yay! It's been way too long since I just wandered around and took pictures...played with light. It was so much fun. Also, I've decided that I do, in fact, have a favourite season. Spring. The sun is coming out and I'm just so eager to soak in it...the summer clothing comes out of the closet, and the end of school lurks just around the corner. It's a time of new beginnings and anticipation, and I just love every minute of it.
Except when I'm doing algebra. But I'm almost done - sort of....ish. I'll finish eventually. I hope.






I think this picture might have been an accident. Maybe. Anyways, I'm
pleased with the way it turned out.


Tobe and I had a little photoshoot...

...until he heard someone at the gate and went running off to check it out.



and I finished writing a letter to a friend.

 
 
I don't think I've ever heard the birds since as loudly as they have this spring...maybe I've never stopped to listen before. It's just so pretty...I was doing math outside again this morning, and a cardinal landed on a tree in our neighbour's yard and started singing - he sounded like a car alarm, which I found super-interesting.
I dunno. Have I really never paid attention before? I've got the windows open in the living room and there's music on quietly in the background...but I can still hear the birds in the tree out front.
 
Spring. I love spring. ♥

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from you make my day! ♥ True story.