Tuesday, January 1, 2013

was it supposed to feel different?

Because maybe it's a new year, but for me everything is continuing as normal. I suppose it's completely ridiculous to say that after my last post about how everything's changing...but I think it's true. So much is changing, so much is the same. It's different and normal and mostly right but just a little bit wrong, all at the same time.

Which isn't confusing at all, right?

photo credit to Tiana
I have AWSI this week, just like I did last week. I went sledding with my cousins on both the last day of 2012 and the first of 2013, and then drove back home in the snow. The Christmas tree is still up and lit and Dad's playing his guitar. I'm still badly behind in my flute practices and needing to get some writing done and nothing's changed over last night, but everything changed over the 365 nights of 2012.
And even more will change over 2013, and different will become normal, and the new will become old only to be replaced with more scary new, which will become old and comfortable after a few months.

 
because I'm obsessed with bokeh Christmas trees.
 
 
 
 
I'll be 16 this year (excuse me WHAT?) and old enough to become a lifeguard and get my driver's licence (my family is all cracking jokes and trying to prearrange rides so they won't have to drive with me for at least six months after my birthday. Thanks, guys.) and people who are 16 are OLD, hello. Not me. I'm not old.

Epiphanies is coming up on a 1-year birthday, as well. 2012 doesn't feel like a short year until I realize that I first entered the blogging community in April...and then ohmyword I guess time flew by.

I learned so much in 2012...what will 2013 hold, I wonder?




 

3 comments:

  1. I can pretty much agree with everything said here. I can't deny that I'm excited for 2013. Good bless in the coming year, Olivia. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like that C.S. Lewis quote on your blog...you never know how much has changed until you look back over the year. :)

      You too!

      Delete
  2. Sooner than we'll know, 2014 will come! 2012 went by so fast. I remember the first day of 2012 and I felt the same way i do now. :P Happy new year!!

    lyssa

    ReplyDelete

Comments from you make my day! ♥ True story.