Sunday, June 10, 2012

Saturday night sparklers





The neighbourhood kids waited somewhat patiently for the sun to go down so they could light the sparklers.
A fire truck drove by, noticed all the excited kids, and pulled over to hand out colouring books.
It was a giggly, giddy night.
And when the sparklers did [finally] make their appearance, there was a lot of

"Olivia! Take a picture of me!"
"Look! Watch! Everybody, over here!"
"No, it's my turn now! I told you I was going first!"
"Oh NO, it burned out! You didn't see! Wait right there, I'm going to try again."
and so on and so forth.

But things are rarely peaceful out there - living in the direct centre of all the crazy, you get used to it after a while. And I couldn't pass up the opportunity for pictures.
Sparklers are magical, you know. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from you make my day! ♥ True story.