Saturday, May 26, 2012

the long weekend




I had a magnificent time.

Early morning walks on the beach with my dog, lunchtime walks on the beach with my cousins, afternoon walks on the beach with my nanny...






















Splashing in the waves with my youngest cousin....




Now. This bench (pictures below). Isn't that just the nicest thing? (I took these on our afternoon walk with Nanny and my youngest cousin. I just LOVE the beach...in a way I'm glad we don't live too near to it, because it's such a treat when we do get to visit.)







And the humongous blessing of getting to sleep a night at my aunt's house. This in itself doesn't sound huge, but it was absolutely wonderful. Their house is ENORMOUS and so is their property...I can't describe the feeling of so much SPACE.
Because, sadly, I live in the heart of the city. Crammed into a street with houses on every side, almost close enough to touch.
And then staying overnight there.
Pictures don't do it justice...on two sides you can't see any houses. At all. And I can see how that would be frightening in some circumstances, but that night it was wonderful.

 


Just so you're all aware, I was hanging half-out of their window in order to get this shot.
You guys can all appreciate me now. :P Just kidding.

All in all, it was a very good long weekend.

A very, very good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from you make my day! ♥ True story.