573. the mist that has settled over our city, like living in the middle of a cloud (or maybe a small town in Britain!)
574. trees as they rise up out of the fog when you drive down the country roads
575. how everything feels unusually poignant and serene, rich and heavy with meaning, even though I drive the same streets every day. it feels more mysterious these days.
576. walking in the rain
577. finally starting to grasp the scientific concepts from my astronomy lectures
578. coffee cake
579. teaching first aid courses for the first time in months
580. trying key lime pie for the first time ever
581. getting caught up with all of my favourite bloggers
582. bookstores. I tried to buy a friend a birthday gift and ended up also buying a book for myself. oops.
583. the faintly rebellious act of underlining my favourite passages in books
584. talking about God with people. asking questions. figuring things out. realizing that I'm never going to figure everything out. talking about it more.
585. learning to love my dreams
586. playing board games late at night with some of my favourite people
587. ice skating
588. snow in my eyelashes
589. seeing the city lights from the top of our town hall after dark
590. planning for my spring break trip
591. getting lost in uni buildings I thought I knew like the back of my hand
592. looking at the silhouette of bare tree branches against the sky
what makes you happy these days?