Friday, June 24, 2016

things that make me happy // 545-559

545. the general atmosphere at the try-a-tri last weekend 
(image 1 after we had finished, 2 taken during setup)
546. making muffins for Sr. High on Sunday
547. quotes
548. the smell of other people's houses
549. re-arranging my room
550. the way the floor looks right after it's been vacuumed
551. the three musketeers
552. having a week off from work and getting things done, like reading books and slogging away at my re-writing, jotting down a poem or four, baking, and listening to music. 
553. also, sleeping in
554. this song by sam hunt
555. also this one and this one  
556. peppermint tea
557. walking my dog in a short-sleeved t-shirt
558. the hum of the AC unit next door
559. birthdays and fireworks and beach days and other plans for this summer



What makes you happy these days? What are you looking forward to this summer?

xx,
Olivia

 

13 comments:

  1. YES TO THE FLOOR AFTER ITS VACUUMED.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT??? Such a feeling of accomplishment and "all is right with the world"

      Delete
  2. So many of those things are the same for me! Also, fresh sheets, sunshine and doughnuts. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the feeling of fresh sheets! It almost made it to the list... next month for sure. :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE peppermint tea! I went swimming twice this week and both times made me happy; I don't think I swam at all last summer. Time off from work is always great, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, a summer without swimming? How could you? :p lol. Today is my last day before the craziness starts again... summer, here I come!

      Delete
  4. I love these lists of yours so much!! They always make me so happy:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, yes. I like lists like this. Counting blessings/gifts/happies/whatever-you-want-to-call-them is a powerful mood booster.

    Also, tell me more about that book, The Smell of Other People's houses! You enjoyed it? It sounds super intriguing, and I have to say, the smell of other people's houses does fascinate me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like lists in general, but these ones are really fun to write (even when they're hard... sometimes I have to force myself to think outside the box a little!)

      I did really enjoy TSOOPH (what a long title, though!) There are four main characters, each sweet and strong and broken and engaging and beautiful! It was such a unique little story set in Alaska, and although it was sad at times, it was always bitterSWEET, and the ending was happy! (which is rare, sometimes!)

      Delete
  6. I confess that when I read 551 I thought you were referring to the candy bar :) and heck, perhaps you were?? In which case, I agree!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot there was a candy bar by the same name!! I was referring to the book, but I'm sure I'd love the chocolate kind, too!

      Delete
  7. I don't know why I've never consciously appreciated the way the floor looks right after it's been vacuumed, but IT'S TRUE. IT'S SO TRUE!! And I love these pictures :) Look likes you had a blast! Congrats. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments from you make my day! ♥ True story.