1,2: outdoor summer festival / open air market with friends
3: going to see a play with a few of my favourite people
4: sunburned feet in the guard room
in the words of Julia Paige: I've been so busy living life this summer that I've stopped blogging it. And I'm totally okay with that.
I have been spending mornings, afternoons, and evenings with a towel wrapped around my waist and wet hair dripping down my back as I run across the deck after my Leadership courses, trying to fill out paperwork and answer questions and track down all of the volunteer pool leaders in time for rec swim. I have crouched in the middle of a crowd of preschoolers, singing songs about a tiny turtle named "Tim" to six little strangers because their normal teacher was sick. I constantly have sunscreen in my eyes and on my sunglasses, my suit, and my guard tank. I have been teased mercilessly, called "Olive," "Livers," and "Livvy-Wivvy," and I have done multiple back flops off the diving boards because I'm too chicken to do a proper flip. I have laughed so hard I cried, been so stressed that I couldn't breathe, and sunburned both of my feet in a perfect flip-flop V. I've swim tested what feels like hundreds of camp kids, yelled "no running!" a million times, and you know what?
I have loved every minute of it.
(actually, honest moment. Almost every minute. Thunderstorms, forgotten bathing suits, and sick guards are completely awful and I did not love those minutes in the slightest.)
here are some of the things that have been making me very happy this month:
414. biking down the hill towards the pool every morning
415. tan lines
416. reading their evaluations to my pool leader volunteers
417. buying new dresses at the thrift store
418. painting my nails
419. weekly training with my pool staff
420. being described as an "animated" person
421. smelling like a pool all the time
422. driving with the windows down and the music up
423. summer evening sunsets
424. swimming laps on my lunch break
425. dolphin dives
427. buying people birthday presents
428. reading Sherlock Holmes (I'm almost done EVERY SINGLE SHERLOCK HOLMES STORY EVER)
429. singing hymns in church
430. checking my phone and having lots of text messages
431. peanuts and chocolate chips
432. getting home after a 12 hour day and watching Netflix
433. the fact that even the lady at Walmart told me to put sunscreen on before my Saturday afternoon shift (it's been sooo hot here lately...)
434. getting positive feedback from parents of my first aid students
435. getting positive feedback from anyone, tbh
436. reading blogs and seeing all the summery things
437. sleeping in on the weekends
What makes you happy this summer??? Have you been crazy busy or wonderfully lazy? Is anyone else tanned / sunburnt, or is it just me?