Wednesday, May 6, 2015

birthdays


There's something a little bit magical about one's birthday.


The normal things seem to sparkle a little bit; breakfast cereal is suddenly exciting, like it was when you were six, and even being in class at 8am isn't quite as dull. You hold the knowledge that today is special - that you are special - close to your heart, and today you really believe it.

Having a birthday makes me feel younger, makes me want to read all my favourite books over again, and sit outside on a blanket with my journal. It makes me want to write stories and poetry and blog posts, like I'm full to the brim with all the same excitement of turning thirteen, of finally being a teenager, of writing my first novel.

Today is a day on which I feel I can do anything.

Who knows? ...maybe I will. ☺




how do you feel about birthdays?
xx
Olivia 

11 comments:

  1. Ahhh Olivia!! *gigantic hug* HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dearie! I hope your day is absolutely beautiful ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!!!! Birthdays are awesome!!! Is that a mini schnauzer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! :) and yes he is - my Toby.

      Delete
  3. This is so perfect! Happy happy birthday, Olivia! :) Hope you had a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hannah! I did have a truly wonderful day. :)

      Delete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    I agree. Birthdays are days on which I open my eyes to see the big picture. I see my whole life (past, future, and present) and consider where I have come and where I am going. There is something so special about taking a day to recognize your progress and growth as a human being. I hope your day is the best of the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susanna!! And I love the way you put that - it is a perfect time to reflect, absolutely. :)

      Delete
  5. :O it was the fabulous ms. Olivia's birthday?? Ahhhhh! Girl, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope it was as spectacular as you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday, Olivia! How exciting! I hope you had an awesome day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heyyy, Happy Birthday!! I hope it was an awesome one. (: Your dog is adorable by the way. And your handwriting!!! Can I have it? PLEASE? You're right, though. Birthdays are exciting. It feels like you're starting fresh on a new something and can't quite tell how it's going to turn out, but it's going to be awesome.

    love,
    beezee

    ReplyDelete

Comments from you make my day! ♥ True story.