Monday, July 15, 2013

beach days

Tiana and Brooke and I have been friends for eight years, and we've never once gone to the beach together. I've been with Brooke, and I've been with Tiana, but the three of us have never ever gone all at the same time.

Isn't that weird?



 



this picture was either taken by Brooke or Tiana. I'm not sure who had my camera at this point.

this one too

and this one


 
The water was frigidly cold but we waded in anyways, trying to play volleyball with one of Brooke's beach toys, and failing miserably. And when I say failing, I mean we didn't catch one. single. ball. So our brilliant game became throw-the-ball-and-watch-someone-wade-out-and-fetch-it. Frisbee went a lot better, thank goodness - we actually caught it half the time.
And then we divided our time between walks up and down the beach, reading (I was working on L.M. Montgomery's The Story Girl, which I can now check off my summer reading list. Yay!), taking pictures, and spraying each other with water pistols....
 
Even though I put plenty of sunscreen on I still came away with the worst sunburn I've ever had. Which, you know, is always fun. But I've been slathering aloe vera after-sun lotion all over me, and taking cold showers, and I think I might survive. ☺

 





 
“Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds.”  
- L. M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that sounds and looks like such a lovely day. Beaches are the best. That second photo, the one with the sky and the ocean, is breathtaking with all those shades of blue.

    I've been a bad follower lately, but I'm catching up with all your posts now. This blog is one of my very favorites, keep up your awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beaches are really awesome, I agree. There's just something so relaxing and freeing about being at the beach. I like to sprint across the sand, if it's not too busy.

      Thanks so much for this comment...and for your kind words...they made me smile. :) Your blog is one of my favourites, too, and I've loved getting to know you better over the internet.

      Delete
  2. Having special days with friends is so much fun. You're lucky to live so close to the beach. :)

    I thought the fifth photo was so funny! Great idea. :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments from you make my day! ♥ True story.