Wednesday, June 12, 2013

daisies in a jar


Yesterday was cloudy, and as I was sitting on the couch with my nose buried in Les Miserables, I couldn't help looking around every now and then (especially since Hugo had decided to go off on yet another rant, this time about some French king who was completely irrelevant to the storyline.) A mason jar full of long-stemmed daisies sat on the corner table next to the front door, yellow faces upturned, searching for sunlight.
And just looking at them made me kind of happy, like I wanted to go off and write poetry and paint beautiful pictures and pick up my camera again.
(I couldn't think of any particularly poetic words and I'm not much of an artist, so I settled for a few pictures and the warm glow that settled inside me.)




Speaking of les Mis, I've been pounding away at it (and loving almost every minute) and have now reached page 887. Marius is so idiotic and noble, Valjean both clueless and brilliantly smart, Gavroche endearing and sad. I can't stop talking about it and singing the songs; I started ranting to Mom yesterday and when Cody tried to interrupt I was so wound up that I hit him with a book. (a much smaller book then les Mis, luckily.) When my cousin called to chat, I went on for almost five minutes straight about how great the book is. One of my friends and I are quoting the songs back and forth.

Also...I got a job! I've been searching since January, and I finally got called for an interview at the library last Saturday. And then the supervisor called me up last night and offered me the position!! I was skipping around the house for almost ten minutes after...and sending out a couple emails with lots of capitals and exclamation points. Maybe I'm making a big deal out of it - but really, a job at the library? PERFECT.

What have you been up to lately?


 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! The daisies are still sitting there, just a gorgeous as ever. Maybe a little wilted - but from here at the kitchen table, I can't tell. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments from you make my day! ♥ True story.