Wednesday, January 23, 2013

the DIY bug has bitten...

I think I'm going to have to stop telling people that I'm not into crafty things. It's just not true anymore. After reading a book where the main character likes to refashion clothing, I went on a Pinterest/blogging DIY hunt.

Monday, I made these shorts.

Tuesday, I made a braided headband with leftover scraps and refashioned my scarf into a vest
 
This weekend I'm hoping to take some fabric paint to a pair of jeans, like this blogger did.
 
What are you DIYing?

currently...
...reading this book
...looking forward to becoming a church-library volunteer
...pondering this challenge
 

 

4 comments:

  1. k, this has nothing to do with your post, but read "fire" and "graceling" by Kristen Cashore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love those ideas! Do you have a pinterest account? If you do, I'd love to follow you!

    That's awesome you're reading Sense and Sensibility. I liked that one a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so in love with this DIY thing. Seriously. :P And no, I don't have a Pinterest account. I've considered looking into it...but at the end of the day, I really don't have time for any more internet-related things.

      Ooo, okay. I'll let you know when I finish!

      Delete

Comments from you make my day! ♥ True story.