Friday, June 29, 2012

hidden meaning

This is what I'm listening to lately.




I first heard it [read aloud] at a camp jumpstart weekend a few weeks ago, when one of the camp counsellors gave his testimony.
If I would've heard the song before he spoke, I might have listened to it twice because I liked the sound of it, but it wouldn't have been anything more than a catchy tune.
What this guy said made it different, though. He explained that he thought the song was probably talking about a girl, but he felt that for him it meant something different.


It was a worship song for him, and when I look at the song from that perspective it holds so much more meaning for me, too.

"...I won't give up on us
Even when the skies get rough
I'm giving you all of my love
And I'm still looking up..."
Jason Mraz

It's a great song to sing, and it's a great promise to make. It's my themesong, and I just love singing it. Promising God that I know things won't be easy, but I'm going to do my best to trust Him anyways.

 


 
And then there are the verses that work better coming from Him, and those are beautiful, too.

"...And just like them old stars
I see that you've come so far
To be right where you are...
***
...And when you're needing your space
To do some navigating
I'll be here patiently waiting
To see what you find..."
Jason Mraz




And I love the fact that this counsellor was able to look past the song and find the hidden meaning. Maybe it wasn't a meaning that the author put in there on purpose, but for the counsellor it was there nontheless. And then he was great enough to share it.

So I'm paying it forward again.

I hope this song impacts you guys as much as it's impacted me.

♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from you make my day! ♥ True story.